cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

How to recover a deleted file from sandbox in PTC integrity version 10?

srao27
3-Visitor

How to recover a deleted file from sandbox in PTC integrity version 10?

Hi, I am new to integrity and need some help as we are moving from Clearcase to Integrity. Is there any option to recover the deleted file from Sandbox? In clearcase, if we delete a file, it will automatically create another version. So if we needed to go back to previous file, we can retrieve it from previous version. But in Integrity if we do Drop Member, it is deleting the file completely. 

If I want to remove any specific file from Sandbox, do I need to create a new version without that specific file instead of deleting it? How do I create a new version with specific files?

Thanks in advance..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
awalsh
17-Peridot
(To:srao27)

A dropped member still exists in the database. You can re-add the member using Member > Re-add Dropped Members (11.1+) or Member > Add From Archive.  

Once the member is re-added, resynchronize (F6 or Member > Resynchronize) to restore the working file to your sandbox. 

Checking in creates new revisions in a member history. If you want to use a different revision in your project, then use Member > Update Member Revision. Then resynching will update your working file to the new revision.

If you just want a different revision in your sandbox, then you can check out without a lock to fetch that revision to your working file.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
awalsh
17-Peridot
(To:srao27)

A dropped member still exists in the database. You can re-add the member using Member > Re-add Dropped Members (11.1+) or Member > Add From Archive.  

Once the member is re-added, resynchronize (F6 or Member > Resynchronize) to restore the working file to your sandbox. 

Checking in creates new revisions in a member history. If you want to use a different revision in your project, then use Member > Update Member Revision. Then resynching will update your working file to the new revision.

If you just want a different revision in your sandbox, then you can check out without a lock to fetch that revision to your working file.

Top Tags