cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

How to skip Items which causing error in Schedule trigger.

hruke
1-Newbie

How to skip Items which causing error in Schedule trigger.

Hi,

I have created the schedule trigger, which will update few fields on items given through query.

But while I ran schedule trigger. I got error as on item ID: 12345 have mandatory fields which are not filled which will abort transaction.

Is there any way skip such item having mandatory fields and going through other item ?

I have tried with adding try catch block but still its aborting by giving mention error.

Please suggest me.

3 REPLIES 3
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:hruke)

Hello Hanumant,

Normally, if you get an error, there is an associated MKS number with it, e.g. "MKS123456".  Was there one in this case?

If not, there is usually a stack trace logged in the server.log of the Integrity server (under <IntegrityServerInstall>/log).  Could you find the part which corresponds to the time the error was thrown and share that with us?

Thanks,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
MichaelChatel
20-Turquoise

Hi Hanumant,

FYI, the functionality you are asking for, would be encompassed by the below "enhancement" RFC, if it was to be included in Integrity at some point.

Here's a link:

https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS000089291

If that is something your company would possibly like to see implemented into the Integrity product at some point, request to be attached to that RFC.

tketz
4-Participant

Hi,

there is a hidden parameter for most commands to ignore mandatory fields, state transitions and so on.

maybe you can implement this parameter in your trigger.

I'm not sure if i'm allowed to post it here.

Please send me a pn if you are interested.

Top Tags