cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Integrity- System is generating downstream suspects upon minor format changes (making text Bold etc..)

mkhan-5
1-Newbie

Integrity- System is generating downstream suspects upon minor format changes (making text Bold etc..)

Per My understanding, PTC integrity tool is smart enough to NOT to generat downstream Suspect flags upon minor format changes such as making text bold, highlighted etc..

When I am mkaing minor format changes in Requirements document, I am seeing suspect on my Tests.

PTC Integrity 10 (Build: 10.9.0.9396 and API 4.16.9396).

2 REPLIES 2
kjain-2
15-Moonstone
(To:mkhan-5)

Hi Mohammad,

As per my understanding also you are correct because a minor change also Integrity take it as new so whether if you change format or Making Bold or Italic it will take as new and show suspect.

I will check if there is any constraint we can build on this or not , and will get back to you asap.

Regards

Kapil Jain

Associate IT Consultant ALM

(I think we engaged on LinkedIn also)

kjain-2
15-Moonstone
(To:mkhan-5)

Hi Mohammad,

I investigated on this issue but nothing much fruitful. Technically you are right because Format changes doesn't show Suspect because our content is same as previous. And for the solution we can write a trigger in JavaScript but this is much complex and very less chance of getting result because this covers huge area.
As per my understanding this leads to a bug in integrity and I will pass this issue to R&D team for enhancement.

Hope this helps and revert me back if there is any issue.

Waiting for your response Mohammad.

Regards

Kapil Jain

Associate IT Consultant ALM

Top Tags