cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Integrity help needed for emailadvance.js script to send link pointing to the originating server

jsummers
11-Garnet

Integrity help needed for emailadvance.js script to send link pointing to the originating server

Want to know if anyone knows how to have the link that emailadvance.js sends in the body of the email to point back to the actual URL: location that the email was sent from.

In other words if I have an email rule that sends an email to someone from the staging server, I want the link to point back to the staging server not the production. It appears this is a hard coded process from the parameters passed in to the script.

This causes issues when testing and the test causes the trigger to fire it sends and email pointing to production instead of test. I know it can be done some way because if I use a link from the Issue number, ie. User id, on the staging side it sends the link pointing to the staging server not production

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LLawton
14-Alexandrite
(To:jsummers)

Which version of Integrity are you using, or more specifically of that script?

The version of emailAdvanced that has been shipping for a while (I think since 2009, but definitely 10), takes care of the hostname automatically if you use variables such as "<%hosturl%>" in the body of the e-mail.

Look at the description of the "Message Body" parameter for more on that.

For example, my trigger includes an item link with this syntax:

HREF='http://<%hostname%>:7001/im/editissue?selection=<%ID%>'

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LLawton
14-Alexandrite
(To:jsummers)

Which version of Integrity are you using, or more specifically of that script?

The version of emailAdvanced that has been shipping for a while (I think since 2009, but definitely 10), takes care of the hostname automatically if you use variables such as "<%hosturl%>" in the body of the e-mail.

Look at the description of the "Message Body" parameter for more on that.

For example, my trigger includes an item link with this syntax:

HREF='http://<%hostname%>:7001/im/editissue?selection=<%ID%>'

It turns out we have old and new emailadvance.js being used, Thank you for pointing out that there is a new one.

Top Tags