cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Is it possible to configure PTC Integrity to begin ID's numbers at "1" for each project?

Software
3-Visitor

Is it possible to configure PTC Integrity to begin ID's numbers at "1" for each project?

Right now we only have one counter for ID numbers for the entire PTC Integrity database.  We are concerned that our ID numbers are going to get quite large and become impractical to use.  Also, is there any limitation to the size of the ID number?

2 REPLIES 2
JensN.
13-Aquamarine
(To:Software)

I think this isn't possible, at least not with the "real" ID, because this ID should be unique for the whole database. In our system we're short before ID's with seven numeric characters, and none of our users is having a problem with this. Where ist your problem with big numbers? Maybe there is another solution?

kind regards, Jens

The item ID field looks like an IDENT field, so it's one per database. The only opportunity that I've seen to manipulate this is to set a configuration parameter to increase the number, effectively leaving a space in the database numbering.

The biggest install that I've run hit the 10,000,000 mark for IDs, and apart from making the number longer for users to remember, for those that chose to make notes of such things, there was no other impact.

The ID field is showing as an INT data type in 10.7/10.9, which gives a limit of 2,147,483,647 for item ID numbers. However, I did find that another ID field (name escapes me right now) was increased from INT to BIGINT during the 10.9 upgrade.

Top Tags