cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Merge two SI databases

pmerkle
5-Regular Member

Merge two SI databases

Hi all,

I need to merge all contents of one SI database to another SI database.

We have tried to do this as follows:

1) Shutdown Integrity

2) isutil -c cmdbbackupcreate

3) si migrate --dumpToBackup /One/Project/At/A/Time/project.pj (on the source SI database)

4) Get their DBA to copy the B_ tables from database One (souce database) to database Two (target database)

5) si migrate --restoreFromBackup (on the target SI database))

6) Purge/truncate the B_ tables in both databases (or can this be done by running isutil -c cmdbbackupcreate again?)

7) Rinse and repeat for all other projects

The problem is now that not all projects of the source SI database are visible within the traget SI database. It seems that

all projects that have a development path are not visible in the target SI database.

And: the procedure described above (using "si migrate --dumpToBackup" and "si migrate --restoreFromBackup") is not supported 

because it has never been officially tested.

Is there any other way to merge 2 SI databases which has been successfully used in a customer project before ?

Regards,

Peter

3 REPLIES 3
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:pmerkle)

Hello Peter Merkle‌,

My understanding is that the way you have described it isn't a supported method for doing this.  Unfortunately, there is no supported way to do this.

I see Klaus Hoppe‌ has already proposed this idea.  I'd recommend voting for it if it's something you'd like to see in the product.

Kind Regards,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
khoppe
14-Alexandrite
(To:KaelLizak)

Hello Kael,

I can't confirm that the idea posted from me has same intention like Discussion raised from Peter.

Peter asks for a way to transport Source Projects from one Server/DB into another Server/DB, which has the disadvantage that Change Package infos will get lost.

I raised the idea to implement the possibility to link from one Server/DB to another Server/DB, but still let all the source s where they are.

Best regards,

Klaus

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:khoppe)

That...  is a good point.  Peter Merkle‌, you should probably submit a new Idea for this.

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
Top Tags