cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Notifying the users on planned outages/activities

nkashyap
1-Newbie

Notifying the users on planned outages/activities

Usually for maintenance activities on the application/DB which needs an outage, we communicate to our userbase  up ahead, so that will be aware of the outage. 

And for this notification we use a DL which will have all the users emails who are currently active in Integrity(users may unsubscribe if needed).  But there may be some issues in sending the email to such DL. For example, if we place the DL in Cc and by mistake if any user sends an email by Reply All, that email may be sent to all the users and may result in email explosion. 

So is there a way by which we may communicate upcoming planned outages/activities to users who have logged into Integrity.

I am aware that we have following CLI command for the purpose: "integrity setserveralert" But this doesn't seems to be supporting "mailto:" links/URL's and UI doesn't seem to be effective.

I would like to know if there is any way, we could provide the support for links and also I would like to know if there would be any impact on the system performance if this CLI alert is enabled for long duration(may be a day).

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags