cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Picklist changing based on a CSV import?

apost
7-Bedrock

Picklist changing based on a CSV import?

If we use the CSV loader to import a picklist field and the value doesn't match one of the existing picklist options, it is automatically creating new options. I'd like to prevent this from happening. Anyone else experience this and is there a way to set the editability so that it does not happen but still allows users to choose from the existing options?

Thank you,

Adrian

2 REPLIES 2
apost
7-Bedrock
(To:apost)

I think I found the answer to my question. I found some documentation on the CSV loader in this discussion forum (thank you Kael) and it includes the following note:

NOTE:  User and Pick Field Lists are automatically updated, if the data contains a missing user and/or pick value respectively!  However this feature does not work if the user does not have ‘Admin’ permissions or if the server is locked by a Staging Server.

I confirmed that this issue does not occur on our locked production server so that is the most important.

troth
2-Guest
(To:apost)

you can  control the source documents  by not allowing users to add new items to the pick list in Excel.  I lock the source templates so only a small group of Integrity admins can alter the source documents columns and lists.  The users  request the addition of a new pick list item or field from the admin. 

Top Tags