cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Revision number in MS Word documents

rconlong
1-Newbie

Revision number in MS Word documents

Is there any way to transfer Integrity information (creator, revision number, etc) into a Word document that is stored in the Integrity archive, in a similar way to keywords in source code? We are in the process of migrating to Integrity and this would be a very helpful function. For previous CM systems, check-in/out hook scripts were created that automatically update the properties of word documents. Is there an 'off the shelf' solution for this or have any of you done this before? If not, any tips on how to attempt it?

3 REPLIES 3
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:rconlong)

Hello,

Could you clarify? Do you mean:

• You would like to store a word document in revision control; or
  • You would like to export document information via the Integrity Gateway Tool?

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

The word document is under revision control in Integrity. I'm looking for a way to automatically transfer the Integrity revision number into the word document, in a similar way to the $Revision$ keyword in a text file. At the moment this is done manually before checking the document into MKS.

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:rconlong)

Hello Richard,

I'm sorry for the long delay in my response.

It turns out this is currently unsupported. Please open a case to have your organization added to RFC 786334: "Source: Integrity Keyword Expansion for MS Word .docx files".

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
Top Tags