cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Search All Items in MKS from CLI

ptc-6131147
1-Newbie

Search All Items in MKS from CLI

I want to search all the items in MKS for a particular condition from command line interface. But, I'm not getting any such option. MKS CLI offers a command to view multiple items ("im issues") but it is asking for item id. I'm not sure how this command would return multiple items details as one item id can return only one item details.

I can search all the items without knowing the item id or run a query based on a condition using explorer GUI. So, just wondering why similar staff is not there in CLI. Please suggest if this can be achieved using CLI.

--------------------------------------

Best Regards

Sourav Das

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:ptc-6131147)

Hello Sourav,

You may want to take a look at the Integrity CLI Reference for Workflows and Documents (10.5 version). im issues has two options that would likely be helpful to you: --query and --queryDefinition.

--query lets you specify the name of a pre-existing query: either an admin provided one, or, if you have access to it, one that belongs to a user.

--queryDefinition is a little more powerful, but more arcane, in that it lets you actually construct a query on the command line. This is powerful, but takes some practice to get the hang of. This one should provide you the functionality you are looking for regarding string searches.

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:ptc-6131147)

Hello Sourav,

You may want to take a look at the Integrity CLI Reference for Workflows and Documents (10.5 version). im issues has two options that would likely be helpful to you: --query and --queryDefinition.

--query lets you specify the name of a pre-existing query: either an admin provided one, or, if you have access to it, one that belongs to a user.

--queryDefinition is a little more powerful, but more arcane, in that it lets you actually construct a query on the command line. This is powerful, but takes some practice to get the hang of. This one should provide you the functionality you are looking for regarding string searches.

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

The sample commands are:

im issues --queryDefinition=(((field[Summary]contains"Hello")or(field[Assigned Group]="everyone"))and(attachment.exists))

im issues --query=APIUser:GetQMGR

Hello,

Can you please help me, how to get a query name from all the queries list, if i know only a part of query.

Top Tags