cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Staging server setup

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite

Staging server setup

Staging server setup   (migrated thread) Posted: Sep 4, 2012 3:39 PM

jjohnson   Posts: 5 - Registered: Jul, 2012

I'm trying to set up a staging/production server and am running into an error.  Let me first describe the setup.

Two Win XP VM's, MKS-SERVER & MKS-STAGING. 

MKS-SERVER has Integrity Server & Database Server with both the prod/staging databases, which as far as I can tell are identical.

MKS-STAGING has Integrity Server and points to MKS.

As far as I can tell, everything is set up correctly, properties files are configured, I've tried several methods of copying the database, such as Export/Import, Creating a new one and importing a backup, I've detached, copied and reatached and maybe one or two other methods I can't think of at the moment, and they all seem to run into the same error:

012-09-04 11:19:05,295 ERROR [mksis.IntegrityServer] * * * * ERROR * * * * (0): Shutdown requested by 
Configuration service. Reason: Service AppConfig not started due to errors: Service mks:name=IM not started
due to errors: Unable to start IM service: MKS124462: The Staging server and the Production server (mks-
server:7001) are not the same. Please ensure that the Staging server and the Production server have identical
admin components. The following differences have been discovered: Changed Item Templates: Item
Presentation Template "Component",Item Presentation Template "MKS Solution",Item Presentation Template
"changeorder",Item Presentation Template "changerequest",Item Presentation Template
"componentdocument",Item Presentation Template "defect",Item Presentation Template "design",Item
Presentation Template "designdocument",Item Presentation Template "hazard",Item Presentation Template
"hazarddocument",Item Presentation Template "input",Item Presentation Template "inputdocument",Item
Presentation Template "library",Item Presentation Template "part",Item Presentation Template
"partspecification",Item Presentation Template "product",Item Presentation Template "project",Item Presentation
Template "requirement",Item Presentation Template "requirementdocument",Item Presentation Template
"risk",Item Presentation Template "riskanalysis",Item Presentation Template "riskcontroldocument",Item
Presentation Template "riskcontrolmeasure",Item Presentation Template "shareddesign",Item Presentation
Template "sharedhazard",Item Presentation Template "sharedinput",Item Presentation Template
"sharedpart",Item Presentation Template "sharedrequirement",Item Presentation Template "sharedrisk",Item
Presentation Template "sharedriskcontrol",Item Presentation Template "sharedspecialrequirement",Item
Presentation Template "sharedtest",Item Presentation Template "specialrequirement",Item Presentation Template
"specialrequirementspecification",Item Presentation Template "testcase",Item Presentation Template
"testdocument",Item Presentation Template "testgroup",Item Presentation Template "testobjective",Item
Presentation Template "testplan",Item Presentation Template "testsession",Item Presentation Template "teststep".

I've also attached the full log.  I feel like I'm missing some simple flag or something.  I also see an error about a non-existent admin user with an error that has no description.

012-09-04 11:18:46,882 INFO  [mksis.IntegrityServer] GENERAL(5): Driver connecting via Administrator@mks-server:7001 
2012-09-04 11:18:47,069 INFO  [mksis.IntegrityServer] GENERAL(5): User is 1
2012-09-04 11:18:50,146 INFO  [mksis.IntegrityServer] GENERAL(5): The admin lock on Production server (mks-server:7001) has been obtained and bound with this server.
2012-09-04 11:18:53,769 INFO  [mksis.IntegrityServer] GENERAL(0): Field (id=-19) references non-existant admin: Type 41
2012-09-04 11:18:53,769 INFO  [mksis.IntegrityServer] GENERAL(0): Field (id=-19) references non-existant admin: Type 39
2012-09-04 11:19:03,968 INFO  [mksis.IntegrityServer] GENERAL(5): The admin lock on Production server has been released.

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
1 REPLY 1
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:KaelLizak)

Note: This thread is a thread migrated from the Integrity Customer Community site. It was posted just before the migration.

This error indicates that the database backing MKS-SERVER (your Integrity production server) and MKS-STAGING (your Integrity staging server) have not started out in sync, and so the staging server can not form an administrative lock against your production server.

The solution to this issue is to clone your production server's database over your staging server. This means you will lose any distinct information that exists on your staging server, but keep all of your production data. At that point, your staging server should be able to obtain a lock against production.

Keep in mind that once you form an administrative staging chain, the production stage has to be up before the staging server can start, and that the staging server will take longer to start, because it has to ensure the databases are synched up before it can start.

Regards,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
Top Tags