cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Suspect flags

kkomarla
1-Newbie

Suspect flags

Hello All,

I have a document in Doors which has been converted to RIF via Atego Requirements Synchronizer 2.4. This RIF file has been now pushed to Integrity using RIF Utility 2.5. In the meantime the Doors requirement document has been updated; now I would have to export Doors document again and update Integrity.

In these scenarios it would be very helpfull if all affected requirements will be marked as suspected, so that we can export only the affected requirements and update only those in Integrity. Could someone please let me know if such a flag exists in Atego or on RIF or if there is a way to do this in Integrity.

Thanks in advance...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Karthik,

At this time I do not believe the ReqIF (Requirements Interchange Format) standard supports the concept of Suspect flags. See http://www.omg.org/spec/ReqIF/Current/ for the most up to date ReqIF definition.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hello Karthik,

At this time I do not believe the ReqIF (Requirements Interchange Format) standard supports the concept of Suspect flags. See http://www.omg.org/spec/ReqIF/Current/ for the most up to date ReqIF definition.

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the ReqIF definition link. I shall spend some time with the documents to understand ReqIF better.

Hello Karthik,

just to add some ideas: The suspect feature in Integrity is driven by significant changes in an item (node). The traced item (node) will become suspect when the upstream item receives this change.

To my knowledge, if you import a document again into the same (existing), and if some field values have changed, Integrity shall react with suspect flags appearing in the downstream traced items(nodes).

(e.g. if you re-import an input document with changes in it, the related requirement document nodes shall become suspect)

Is this what you want?

Volker

Hi Volker,

Thanks for the hint, I will look into the trace relationships.

But what I am concerned about is, "A Doors document is pushed into integrity implementing RIF utility, after this a front end user modifies the Doors document now how would i know that the Doors document is updated (other than manually looking into the document or getting a notification)? Secondly, if we know that the document is updated, how would i trace what exactly has been changed."

Once i know what has been updated or changed, only then i will proceed with migration of this document i.e. from Doors to Integrity.

Karthik

Hi Kartik,

1/

what about using the Integrity History Compare Reports?

This report will list differences between two timestamps of the document.

2/

to find the changed nodes, what about using the filter and select all "suspect" Trace status types? Then you see all changed nodes only.

Does this help?

Volker

The second point sure does help. I will start testing these shortly.

Thanks and Regards,

Karthik

Top Tags