cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Trigger Rules base on changes to Computed Fields

apost
7-Bedrock

Trigger Rules base on changes to Computed Fields

Through trial and error I have learned that using the Condition: Field != Field[New Value] as a Trigger Rule works for picklists etc but does not trigger when a Computed Field value changes. I can somewhat get around this by changing the trigger condition to reference the inputs to the computed field. However one of the field inputs is a computed field that I don't know how to generate otherwise. It is a computed field called Last Result which is computed based on the LastResult() command to come up with the last verdict for a Test Case. Does anyone have a simple way of 'triggering' a trigger to set a field in a Test Case when a test result changes?

Thank you,

Adrian

2 REPLIES 2
DanR.
10-Marble
(To:apost)

Adrian,

I believe you would need to create a trigger like such:

Capture.JPG

apost
7-Bedrock
(To:DanR.)

Thanks Dan. I was looking at that but the assignment tab is not enabled with this option so I suppose I would need to call a script with the trigger tab. Is there a script available that does the same as the assignment tab in that it simply sets a value of a field from a picklist?

Top Tags