cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

WeekOfYear() only works with the actual year?

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite

WeekOfYear() only works with the actual year?

WeekOfYear() only works with the actual year? (migrated thread) Posted: Jan 30, 2012 4:39 AM

extern.jens-uwe.nixdorf     Posts: 68   Registered: Jan, 2010

Hi @all,

i'm using the above mentioned function in a form. It should tell me the number of the week from a date, this date is set in a standard-date-field, so i use it in this way: weekofyear(name_of_the_date_field).

But it works only if in the date field a date is set from this year. I have some data-sets with a date from last year, and in these sets the function doesnt work? Why?

Thanks, Jens
Re: WeekOfYear() only works with the actual year? Posted: Jan 30, 2012 7:29 AM
Posted By:   extern.jens-uwe.nixdorf     Posts: 68 /  Registered: Jan, 2010  
Hmm, since i'm using display pattern it works also for preivious years.

regards, Jens

Re: WeekOfYear() only works with the actual year? Posted: Jan 31, 2012 5:19 AM
Posted By:   cstoss     Posts: 46 /  From: United Kingdon /  Registered: Jun, 2005  
Hello Jens,

Can you define "Does not work"?

Are you receiving an error? Is the number that is being displayed incorrect? Is it just blank?

Also when you say used this in a form, do you mean in a report or as a field that is visible in a Type?

If as a field, what is the definition of the field computation (ie is it static/daily, dynamic/never etc.)

Thanks,

Craig

Re: WeekOfYear() only works with the actual year? Posted: Jan 31, 2012 8:17 AM
Posted By:   extern.jens-uwe.nixdorf     Posts: 68 /  Registered: Jan, 2010  
Hi Craig,

it seems that i should be more patient. After a while it was working. At first only for dates within this year, but later also for dates from last year or older.

Thanks, Jens

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags