cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Why are some documents missing from the "Find a document to open" dialog?

dharnish
1-Newbie

Why are some documents missing from the "Find a document to open" dialog?

I'm using Integrity Client 2009. 

When I go to Query: RQ_System: All Documents and apply a filer for a Project, it shows a complete list of documents associated with that project.

When I click on Document > Open... and select a Project, it shows a list an INCOMPLETE list of documents associated with that project.  Why?

6 REPLIES 6

Hi Duane,

I wouldn't expect this behavior either. The Document Open floating window uses a particular couple of queries to populate the results. Check the MKS Solution type properties for MKS.RQ.rm.document.open.finderSettings and see what query it lists as a value. This should be the query to populate the list of project items you see in the window. Additionally, look at the MKS.RQ.rm.document.views.item6.viewSettings type property and see what query is listed there. This should be the one to populate the list of documents on the right side and have a project value applied to it.

If you run these queries on their own, do they return the full list of projects and documents you would expect?

Hi Duane,

very often this issue is related to the missing connection between documents and projects.

Open your document item, and check if the document you are missing is in the "Documented By" relationship section. If not, add it.

Then try again the open doc interaction.

Let me know if this helps.

Volker

mrump
14-Alexandrite
(To:JoeBartlett)

Hi Joe,

Sorry to correct you, but that's not how it works.

The left side of the Open-Document-Dialog is controlled by a query (by Default "All Finder Project Documents"). It Shows all  Project Backing Items that have  "Show in Finder" == TRUE and that have at least one "Documented By" relationship.

The right side of the Open-Document-Dialog is simply a relationship view, Walking the "Documented By" and "Contains" relationship field.

There is no query at all involved in the right side of this Dialog.

So Volker is correct, as the key to a correct presentaion in the Dialog lies in the "Documented By" relationship of the backing item.

mrump
14-Alexandrite
(To:mrump)

I just found a new behaviour in our 10.6 System.

1. drop a live document from the "Documented By" relationship in the backing item manualy

-> the document is no more visible in the OPEN / find dialog

2. CheckIn this document (aka, create/incememnt revision)

-> the new versioned document is added to the "Documented By" relationship in the backing item AND

-> the old live document is re-added to the "Documented By" relationship in the backing item as well.

This was unexpected

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:mrump)

Hello Matthias Rump‌,

Could you open a case with PTC Support to look into this?

Thanks,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:dharnish)

Hello Duane Harnish‌,

Did any of these responses help?  If so, you can mark them as helpful by clicking on Actions > Mark as Helpful at the bottom of the posts, and by selecting the most useful one and marking it as Correct Answer.

Thanks,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
Top Tags