cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Word import/reimport with Gateway without Req ID (in 10.9)

LLawton
14-Alexandrite

Word import/reimport with Gateway without Req ID (in 10.9)

The Gateway has improved in 10.9 for reimport of Word documents.

The first Word configuration from the OOB list called "Requirements Document Import and Re-import with Outline Levels" does exactly what I need, except that it uses the "SampleOutlineLevels.DSD.xslt" parser which creates one requirement for each paragraph.

I need the equivalent "condensed" parser that will create only one requirement for anything between headings.

As far as I can tell, all the other parsers are basically the same versions that have been around for 10 years and they tend to generate errors of the "field not found" variety. They have all kinds of legacy code that's hard to extricate.

Does someone have a version of the SampleOutlineLevels parser that also condenses? Would you be willing to share it?

That would save me (all of us, really) a lot of time.

Thanks.

PS: please note that my use case is to reimport a document, but not one that has been exported from Integrity and therefore does not contain IDs. The "reimport" configurations do not apply here.

2 REPLIES 2

Hello Laurent,

you say that you just like to import a Word document, with condensed behaviour.

Did you try the standard configuration "Requirements Document Outline Levels Condensing Import"?

Itsn't it this what you are looking for?

Volker

LLawton
14-Alexandrite
(To:VolkerEckardt)

Hello Volker,

Sorry for the very, very late response!

In case someone ends up on this thread, the answer is no, I wanted more than the standard example you provided because I was looking for reimport, not just straight/new import.

I still don't have he solution, and unfortunately that's a subject that no one has really improved on or is willing to share.

Top Tags