cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

command line question

hmagnanao
1-Newbie

command line question

I'm trying to write a script to remove members when a change package. what is the command line for deleting or discarding entries from a change package ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Ann,

Thanks for your quick reply. The goal of my script is to discard entries in a change package if that file or entry should not be merged. I'm trying to avoid discarding the whole cp because that cp might have other entries that need to be merged.

If there is a way to skip the entry instead of discarding it, that would be great too.

Thanks,

Hector

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
awalsh
17-Peridot
(To:hmagnanao)

Hi Hector,

There isn't a supported and documented command to discard specific cp entries. You can discard the entire change package using "si discardcp". What is the goal of your script? I may be able to suggest other commands to help you out.

Regards,

Ann

Hi Ann,

Thanks for your quick reply. The goal of my script is to discard entries in a change package if that file or entry should not be merged. I'm trying to avoid discarding the whole cp because that cp might have other entries that need to be merged.

If there is a way to skip the entry instead of discarding it, that would be great too.

Thanks,

Hector

awalsh
17-Peridot
(To:hmagnanao)

Hi Hector,

I would recommend talking with the Integrity support team about your process so they can assist you, and help you avoid potential pitfalls.

If the entries are deferred or locked, then you could use the "si revert" command to remove the change package entry as well as the operation on the member itself. This command has to be run against the member rather than the change package.

Are these entries that are committed? It's not generally a good idea to discard committed cp entries because then you have no record of what change package (and in particular, what Integrity item if you use a Workflow to track code changes) was used to make the member update.

As for skipping the entry, I assume you mean as part of a resync cp operation. There isn't any way to skip a specific entry. After running resync cp, you can either discard entries you don't want (which unfortanately, can't be done on the cli), or revert the members (which can be done on the cli).

Sorry I can't be of more help here.

Regards,

Ann

Hi Ann,

that's exactly what I did. I do the revert command and it takes the entry out of the change package.

Thanks,

Hector

Top Tags