cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

im issues --queryDefinitionFile returns "MKS124814:... Missing end )"

thorpend
5-Regular Member

im issues --queryDefinitionFile returns "MKS124814:... Missing end )"

Hello,

I am trying to start a query with

im issues --queryDefinitionFile="C:/Temp/queryDef.txt"

queryDef.txt contains the query definition:

--queryDefinition=(("field[Document ID]=516733")and("item.live")and("item.meaningful"))

This returns the error "MKS124814: Cannot show view information: Missing end )"

I have tried a lot with leaving out "--queryDefinition=" and more and less ",(,), whatsoever. The definition is definitely correctly readable from the file, which I can see with the im issues -F option which returns the content of the queryDef.txt file as an error message (I just mention this to clarify that the path and name and everything is flawless)

I don´t see any error in the syntax. I can even use this query definition with directly typing

im issues --queryDefinition=(("field[Document ID]=516733")and("item.live")and("item.meaningful"))

and get the result that I am looking for. But of course there is little point in using the CLI if I not wanted to automize something.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ascott
17-Peridot
(To:thorpend)

If you remove all of the double quotes, I think you'll find the command works as expected.

The brackets are used to separate the query conditions, so you only need double quotes to wrap the entire query def on the CLI.

So using --queryDefinitionFile

• no quotes needed at all

Using --queryDefiniition your command would be:

• im issues --queryDefinition="((field[Document ID]=516733)and(item.live)and(item.meaningful))"

I hope this helps!
-Andrew

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ascott
17-Peridot
(To:thorpend)

If you remove all of the double quotes, I think you'll find the command works as expected.

The brackets are used to separate the query conditions, so you only need double quotes to wrap the entire query def on the CLI.

So using --queryDefinitionFile

• no quotes needed at all

Using --queryDefiniition your command would be:

• im issues --queryDefinition="((field[Document ID]=516733)and(item.live)and(item.meaningful))"

I hope this helps!
-Andrew

thorpend
5-Regular Member
(To:ascott)

Hi ascott,

thanks a lot, the solution of my queryDefinitionFile problem is to leave out all quotes....That was maybe the only thing thing of a million things I didn´t try 🐵

Regards,

Thorsten

The query definition file should be a bit different. The problem is with the quotes around the item.live and item.meaningful conditions, though the field names can be quoted or unquoted within the file.

Try this line in the file and it should work:

((field[Document ID]=516733)and(item.live)and(item.meaningful))

thorpend
5-Regular Member
(To:JoeBartlett)

thanks, this also works perfectly

Top Tags