cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

How does BUW_NAME work?

yyuan
1-Newbie

How does BUW_NAME work?

I am trying to set up a customized bolt library.

Basically, I am modifying existing dat file to achieve this.

Now, I can't figure out how the BUW_NAME works. The default fastener part will get a BUW_NAME that is different from the dat file.

For example, If I create a M10 coutersunk screw. The parameter "BUW_NAME" of the screw is "Coutersunk Screw". But in the dat file the "BUW_NAME" is "countersunkscrew".

If I change the "BUW_NAME" of the dat file into "coutersunkscrew1", then I will get screws with parameter "BUW_NAME" of "coutersunkscrew1".

It seems the default library screw get the value of "BUW_NAME" from somewhere else.

What is the secret behind this?

If somebody can answer this, please?

Thanks

Yifeng

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Yifeng,

the secret is a translation file. All values from the columns BUW_NAME, BUW_TYPE and BUW_SIZE can be translated by using the file <creo loadpoint>\Common Files\afx\text\<LANG>\sl70_par.txt

Use a prefix "sl70_par_" for you keyword from the columns "BUW_*" and IFX will translate the value for you.

If you do not need a translation, then you can of course enter the value directly to your BUW_* columns in the dat file.

Regards,

Oli

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH

Thank you very much.

I have learned so much from you.

I will try it.

Top Tags