cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Git Backup Extension 2.0 Now Available!

SOLVED
Alexandrite

Git Backup Extension 2.0 Now Available!

Ask Kaya - Git Backup Extension - 2.0 Release Announcement - Social Post Image.PNG

Question: What is the best way to use Git with ThingWorx?

After the release of ThingWorx 8.4 two weeks ago, are you looking for even more? Can’t get enough of ThingWorx? Good thing—because we’ve got you covered.

We have just released Version 2.0 of the ThingWorx Git Backup Extension!

In the newest version, you’ll find:

• Major UX improvements and UI restyling.
    • The extension now includes a new page called GitBackup.Main.Mashup, which offers access to all the functionality previously available in the Home Mashup (see below). GitBackup.Main.Mashup is now the single interface for all the GitBackupThings in the system; you’ll no longer need to go to Composer to manage them individually.Ask Kaya - Git Backup Extension - 2.0 Release Announcement - Post Supporting Image.PNG.jpgNew ThingWorx Git Backup Extension 2.0
  • Support for querying and selecting the Bitbucket repositories that you, as a user, have access to.
  • An updated ExtensionExportExtension with bugfixes.

If you’re looking for guidance on how to configure Git with ThingWorx, check out one of my earlier posts that explains how you can use Git to achieve continuous integration with ThingWorx or view the updated Git Backup Extension User Guide attached (see the “Attachments” section to the right).

Shoutouts to Vladimir, Gabriel, Bogdan, Moritz and Pierre for making this available.

Let me know what you think of Version 2.0 in the comments below!

Stay connected,

Kaya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Git Backup Extension 2.0 Now Available!

It worked for me when accessing it, but meanwhile, can you try this link?
https://marketplace.ptc.com/apps/233917/git-backup-extension-202#!overview

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

When I imported the extension, the import was successful however the NewTab Entity is missing from the import.

Therefore making this extension unusable.

Same problem here ....

the thing "NewTab" is missing in the extension

Highlighted

Hey guys,

Sorry about this issue. This is a known extension bug manifesting only in ThingWorx 8.4. We're working to fix this asap. As a workaround please use the previous version, 1.3.1.

Note: the Extension was tested in 8.3.3 and 8.2.3. Anything minor in those versions should work fine.

The issue should be solved. Please test and let us know if the issue is solved (restart the server after extension import). 

You can download the fix by searching for the 2.0.1 version of the Git Backup Extension in the PTC Marketplace.

Thanks!

I tried to go the the download link, but I got a 404! Is it taken down? 

It worked for me when accessing it, but meanwhile, can you try this link?
https://marketplace.ptc.com/apps/233917/git-backup-extension-202#!overview

View solution in original post

Thanks! The original link is still down, maybe it is a problem in the USA or something. 

Thanks @k_ibrahem  for bringing this up and @VladimirRosu  for  your help. I have updated the link in the post. 

Why are only FileRepositories, and not SourceControlRepositories supported by the extension? I thougth that seperate SourceControlRepositories are more secure since FileRepositories are also exposed to the web with download links ? Wouldn't it be good to make it possible for this extension to use SourceControlRepositories as well ?

Announcements