cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

How to set up the Reset Password feature in the Form login

No ratings

Since it's somewhat unclear on how to set up the reset password feature through the login form, these steps might be a little more helpful. Assuming the mail extension has already been imported into the Thingworx platform and properly configured - say, PassReset - (test with SendMessage service to verify), let's go ahead and create a new user - Blank, and a new organization that will have that user assigned as a member - Test.

Let's open the configuration tab for the organization, assign the PassReset mail thing as the mail server, assign login image, style, prompt (optional), check the Allow Password Reset, then the rest looks like this:

Onto the Email content part, it is not possible to save the organization as is at the moment:

Clicking on the question mark for the Email content will provide the following requirements:

Now this is when it might not be too clear. The tokens [[:user:]], [[:organization:]], [[:url:]] can be used in the email body and at the runtime will be replaced with the actual Usernames, organization, and the reset password url. Out of those fiels, only [[:url:]] token is required.

So, it is sufficient to place only [[:url:]] in the body and save the organization:

Then, when going to the FormLogin, at <your thingworx host:port>/Thingworx/FormLogin/<organization name>, a password reset button is available:

Filling out the User information in the reset field, the email gets sent to the user address specified and the proper message appears:

Since in this example only the [[:url:]]  token has been used in the email content, the email received will look like this:

To troubleshoot any errors that might be seen in the process of retrieving the password reset link, it's helpful to check your browser developer tools and Thingworx application log for details.

Comments

Hi Polina,

that's very useful thank you. Just have one further question if that's okay.

Is the functionality behind the password reset available to use in other parts of our mashups. There are a number of other times when I would like to use the functionality. For example In my mashup a customer administrator can create new users so I would like to be able to send the new user the reset link to force them to create a new password. At the moment they all get a similar password to start with, which can't be good practice. Alternatively the Admin user might send a reset email from time to time.

Currently there is no functionality available for this, but there is an enhancement request in place.

Okay,

Thanks

Till email notification i am able to implemented it.

Question: url in the email body what are the content need to give and how to set ResetPassword.jsp file to the url link.

Please provide some idea solve above problem.

Thanks & Regards

Raj

Now, Is there any solution for this  because I'm facing same issue and Can't receive email and getting error message with " check your email to reset your password " please refer below attachment and I'll follow all the steps 

Version history
Last update:
‎Dec 16, 2016 12:23 PM
Updated by:
Labels (2)