This script is provided as is and is not officially supported by PTC. Users are welcome to edit or change this script as desired.
This script automates the installation steps outlined in the ThingWorx Installation Guide.
If you are not familiar with these processes or are installing ThingWorx for the first time, it is recommended to refer to the guide for additional information.
64-bit Linux: Ubuntu (all flavors) 14/15/16, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6/7, or CentOS 6/7
A ThingWorx platform installation file for either H2 or PostgreSQL (available in the PTC downloads center https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/software_update/swupdate.jsp )
*NOTE: This script does not require a GUI and can be run in headless mode
Steps to use this script:
1. Create a new folder on your Linux server. (This will be referred to as the 'working folder')
2. Download the ThingWorx platform installer file from the PTC Software downloads page. (For example, MED-61111-CD-072_SP2_ThingWorx-Platform-Postgres-7-2-2.zip)
3. Copy the installer file to the working folder. Do not unzip.
4. Copy the installer.sh file to your working folder.
5. In the command prompt, cd to your working directory.
6. Make the installer.sh file excutable:
> chmod +x installer.sh
7. Run the installer.sh file either using sudo or logging in as root
> sudo bash installer.sh
> bash installer.sh
*NOTE: The 'bash' command is mandatory, running the installer with the 'sh' command will not work
Windows installation script would be desired as well as automated Docker image creation script or docker image file.