Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing ThingWorx and ThingWorx Analytics Trial Edition 8.3

Level 12

Installing ThingWorx and ThingWorx Analytics Trial Edition 8.3

The below video shows the steps to install ThingWorx Platform and ThingWorx Analytics trial edition.

The trial editions can be downloaded from the Developer Zone at https://developer.thingworx.com/resources/downloads .

You can then follow the guides at https://developer.thingworx.com/resources/guides to get familiar with ThingWorx and ThingWorx Analytics.

4 REPLIES

Re: Installing ThingWorx and ThingWorx Analytics Trial Edition 8.3

Please guide me how to install thingworx foundation 8.3.2 on ubuntu. I have downloaded the foundation file of 114 mb and after extracting it is .run file and when I am running it then it says that "No application can run it".

Highlighted

Hi @akaditya6896

You only need to execute ./<installerName>.run  from a terminal window as root.

If this does not work for you, I'd recommend you open a new post in the Community or a case to Technical Support.

Thank you

Kind regards

Christophe

Hii

My system configuration is:

RAM: 16 GB

I am having problem in installing ThingWorx Analytics Server 8.3. It gives a warning when it reaches 98% during "Installing Descriptive Services ....". I am giving you a pic of that warning message. I want to know why its giving that message and does it will create any problem ?.

IMG_20181207_175621.jpg

Hi @akaditya6896

The error is with Descriptive services so if you are interested in ThingWorx analytics Server, then this is independent and most likely the analytics server installation is fine.

If you need descriptive services, then we will need to see the installation log files.
As mentioned above, for this  I would advise you open a new post on the Community with your specific issue or open a case to Technical Support.
The comment on this video should be limited to discuss generic question, for specific error that requires investigation a separate post or Technical Support case is more appropriate.

Thank you
Kind regards

Christophe