Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prescriptive analytics

Re: Prescriptive analytics

Personally, as a user i think that Thingworx is a great platform for the non technical to use it as 'black box' tool. For DS people, it indeed serves as a white box. However, there will bound be users that may be unfamiliar with some of the newer concepts like prescriptive analytics which i personally feel that there should be clearer explanations of the features for non DS and DS people. (E.g. a tutorial which they can follow to understand. I feel that the concrete example was great!)

For DS people, a separate section that goes more in depth into the features like the meaning behind the numbers/signels or even a brief explanation on what is going on behind the scenes will also be beneficial for both the sales team and end user as well. 

Re: Prescriptive analytics

Thank you for the prompt response, @Rocko 

Special kudos for mentioning the type of math behind profiles - this is the kind of information I'm looking for. I actually thought it was based on frequent pattern mining, something like fp growth or apriori.

And thank you for mentioning the training - I've checked the materials from it and there is indeed a lot of information to which I either didn't pay attention back then or which wasn't emphasized during the training. Even beam search is there.