In this blog I will be testing the SAPODataConnector using the SAP Gateway - Demo Consumption System.
The SAPODataConnector enables the connection to the SAP Netweaver Gateway through the ODdata specification. It is a specialized implementation of the ODataConnector. See Integration Connectors for documentation.
It relies on three components :
ThingWorx can use OAuth to access SAP, but in this blog I will just use basic authentication.
1. Create an account on the Gateway Demo system (credentials to be used on the connector are sent by email)
2. Verify that the account has access to the basic OData sample service : https://sapes4.sapdevcenter.com/sap/opu/odata/IWBEP/GWSAMPLE_BASIC/
Note: Only one Integration Runtime instance is required for all your Integration Connectors (Multiple instances are supported for High Availability and scale).
Use the New Composer UI (some setting, such as API maps, are not available in the ThingWorx legacy composer)
1. Create a DataShape that is used to map the attributes being retrieved from SAP
2. Create a Thing named TestSAPConnector that uses SAPODataConnector as thing template
3. Setup the SAP Netweaver Gateway connection under TestSAPConnector > Configuration
4. Create the API maps and service under TestSAPConnector > API Maps (New Composer only)
Test the TestSAPConnector::getProductSet service (keep all the input parameters blank)
I'm trying this tutorial on Thingworx 8.0.1-b39. I have a SAP Gateway - Demo System (ES5) and my account have access to "https://sapes5.sapdevcenter.com/sap/opu/odata/IWBEP/GWSAMPLE_BASIC/". I have the integration runtime properly configured and running.
In Step 3 the following are the parameters i have given:
The following are the erros i observed :
|Check logs for more details||SAPODataConnector|
I'm suspecting the error is with this port sapes5.sapdevcenter.com/184.108.40.206 because i tested this URL ("https://sapes5.sapdevcenter.com/220.127.116.11") in the browser and it returned "HTTP 404 - Not found" page.
Could you please point out where i might be going wrong.
I have found the root cause for this issue. It seems our internal network was blocking the port since i'm trying out with a external SAP system.
I connected to an external network and tried the same and got positive connection for the OData connector.