cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

What's New in Solution Central 3.0!

No ratings

Hi everyone,

We’re back! And we’ve got exciting news about Solution Central! As tempted as I am to share the news myself, I thought it only fitting to have Janie Pascoe, Product Manager of Solution Central, share the news with you. You may remember Janie from this post on ThingWorx's OPCUA functionality or this one on what it’s like to transition from a ThingWorx developer to a ThingWorx product manager. Janie, welcome back! The floor is yours.

Janie, PM of Solution Central: Thank you so much Kaija. I wanted to bring your readers up to speed on some of the latest and greatest in Solution Central. If you haven’t logged in to the Solution Central portal in a while, I highly recommend you do so because you will immediately be notified of what’s new in the application as you can see here due to our newly added what’s new popup blurb!

But in the spirit of giving you even more detail, let me tell you a bit more about what is new in Solution Central 3.0. This release is full of more intelligence than ever before! You can now not only deploy the solutions themselves from Solution Central but deploy all of a solution’s dependencies with the single click of a button. So, instead of having to deploy each dependency separately and in a specific order, Solution Central is now smart enough to understand the dependencies and deploy them for you. We have also added enhancements to our Solution Detail panel to make it even more intuitive and easy find what you’re looking for. And when it comes to clean up activities, we have you covered. Solution Central can now forget an instance when it’s no longer needed—no more questioning whether an instance is in active use or not.

Kaya: Thanks, Janie. Exciting stuff! Readers, you can learn all about these new features and more in our Release Notes and Help Center documentation. Be sure to try out the latest functionality!

Any questions, comments, or ideas for enhancements to Solution Central can be sent directly to jpascoe@ptc.com.

Stay on the lookout for our next release!

As always, stay connected,
Kaya