cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Installing ThingWorx Analytics 8.3

No ratings

This video shows the steps to install ThingWorx Analytics release 8.3

Comments

This video doesn't mention the need to execute the setConfiguration service of the TW_ML_Configuration  thing.

This is true, however the scope of the video is the installation of ThingWorx Analytics Server . It is assumed that the ThingWorx Analytics Extension has already been installed and configured.

Executing the setConfiguration service of the TW_ML_Configuration  thing is a post-installation step of the extension. and it is assumed this has already been done.

Similarly at time 3:17, we access the Analytics Workbench, this can only be done if the extension has already been installed.

We could have shown this as well in the video but we have some constraint on duration and this is why the scope here has been limited to the installation of Analytics Server .

Thank you for the clarification, Chris, I didn't thought about the duration limitations.

It could be only my own perception, but I see this kind of videos as a "quick start" guides for people who want to promptly get the system up and running (possibly for overview of the product) without looking up in manuals and omitting some steps / parts of the process without even mentioning it could be confusing.

So it may be worth considering to add some prerequisites / next steps information to the videos.

Hi Dmitry

I have added a callout at time 3:17 when accessing the Analytics Workbench to warn that the extension needs to be installed and configured.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Kind regards

Christophe

I am having a problem with logging in after installing thingworx foundation H2 trial version 8.3.2. I am trying to open it in browser with link http://localhost:8080/Thingworx but it asks for password and username. So what is the username and the password and if there is an option to change it how should I change it? 

Apache Tomcat was installed with the thingsworx foundation only.

Hi

The username is Administrator, the password is the one you entered during installation - see time 0:45 at https://community.ptc.com/t5/IoT-Tech-Tips/Installing-ThingWorx-and-ThingWorx-Analytics-Trial-Edition-8-3/m-p/576047 .

If you do not remember what you entered, I think you will need to reinstall it.

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Christophe

Thanks it helped.

After successful installation and configuration of Thingworx Foundation, I am trying to install Analytics also but during the installation around 90% of the setup is done then it stays like that only and doesn't complete. I left for one day but still it was stuck at 90% only. Why its happening like that ?

Hi @akaditya6896

You would want to check our Knowledge base when you get some issue as you probably can find some answer there.

In this particular instance I would think https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS287459 should help.

If you still have issue, please open a new discussion post or a case to Technical Support as the investigation may be involved and would not be suited here.

Thank you

Kind regards

Christophe

I have installed the thingworx analytics in which descriptive analytics was not installed. Then I followed the installation manual pdf and then  I am unable to proceed due to this error.imageAfter running the twas.sh commandimageRetrieveAnalyticsServers service error

please guide on how to proceed forward.

Hi @akaditya6896

The installation guide states:

For example: /opt/ThingWorxAnalytics/ThingWorxAnalyticsServer/bin/twas.sh status
which indicates that the twas.sh script is in the bin folder not the standalone_jars one.
If you change directory to <ThingWorxAnalytcisServer>/bin you should be able to find it.

Also, as mentioned before please open a  new discussion in the Community or a case to Technical Support if you face issue.

Thank you
Kind regards
Christophe

Version history
Last update:
‎Jun 11, 2018 11:17 AM
Updated by:
Labels (2)