cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Jlink freezes on regenerate (async mode)

cscholtz
1-Newbie

Jlink freezes on regenerate (async mode)

I'm running a macro to regenerate the model after parameters are set, but sometimes it freezes until I end my asynchronous jlink program. I tried adding connection.EventProcess() commands after everything but it doesn't help.

Parameter p;

p = creo.solid.GetParam("A");     

p.SetValue (pfcModelItem.CreateIntParamValue(a));

p = creo.solid.GetParam("NAME");

p.SetValue (pfcModelItem.CreateStringParamValue(name));

session.RunMacro("~ Command `ProCmdRegenPart` ");

connection.EventProcess();

I've also tried to disconnect and reconnect in order to reset the state to no avail.

1 REPLY 1

Ah I fixed it. I was running a regenerate macro in the first place instead of

solid.Regenerate(null);

Because it was throwing an inexplicable 'badcontext' error message. But re-reading the documentation, it says:

"Pro/ENGINEERWildfire5.0introducestheNo-Resolvemode,whereinifa modelandfeatureregenerationfails,failedfeaturesandchildrenoffailedfeatures arecreatedandregenerationofotherfeaturescontinues.However,J-Linkdoesnot supportregenerationinthismode.Themethod pfcSolid.Solid.Regeneratethrowsanexception pfcExceptions.XToolkitBadContext,ifPTCCreoParametricis runningintheNo-Resolvemode.TocontinuewiththePro/ENGINEERWildfire 4.0behaviorintheResolvemode,settheconfigurationoptionregen_ failure_handlingtoresolve_modeinthePTCCreoParametricsession."

Adding this config option allowed the original code to run.

Top Tags