cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Arduino as ModBus IO module from SoftLogix 5800 by Allen Bradley

CT_10648817
3-Visitor

Arduino as ModBus IO module from SoftLogix 5800 by Allen Bradley

I'm new to the community, I hope you can help me. I need to use the Arduino UNO or MEGA, to write or read analog data with digital, from the PLCSoftlogix emulator. The SoftLogix Creates a Virtual PLC, which is programmed with RSLogix, these must write to the KepServer and this in turn to the Arduino through Modbus RTU Serial, My query is how to make the PLC write to the KepServer and then to the arduino, and this in both directions.

Kind regards

-----------------------------------------------------------
Translated the text from Ilocano to English using google translate on 10-April-2023 at 9:29am IST by vnamboodheri
Old Subject - Arduino como modulo ModBus IO desde SoftLogix 5800 de Allen Bradley
Old Body -

Soy nuevo en la comunidad, espero me puedan ayudar.

Necesito usar el Arduino UNO o MEGA, para escribir o leer datos analogicos con digitales, desde el emulador de PLCSoftlogix. El SoftLogix Crea un PLC Virtual, a que se programa con el RSLogix, estos deben escribir en el KepServer y este a su vez al Arduino mediante Modbus RTU Serial,

Mi consulta es como hacer para que el PLC escriba en el KepServer y luego en el arduino, y esto en ambos sentidos.

Saludos cordiales

---------------------------------------------------------

3 REPLIES 3

Articles:

Gracias por la respuesta. Pero no indica nada relacionado con el programa que debe tener el Arduino. La respuesta es muy generica.

He realizado pruebas con el Arduino OPC Sever y puedo registrar y realizar cambios desde el kep server al Arduino. Pero no desde el softlogix al kepserver. 

Gracias de antemano

@CT_10648817

Have you had a chance to go through required setup configurations as outline in the "Connecting to a Local SoftLogix Soft PLC" article? Here is body of the article if you are having trouble with access:

Before attempting to connect Kepware's Allen-Bradley ControlLogix Ethernet Driver to a SoftLogix Soft PLC running on the same PC, users should ensure the following: RSLinx does not have any Ethernet drivers running on the PC. The EtherNet/IP Messaging Module software is installed in the SoftLogix virtual chassis. The Device ID is set to "< specific_IP_address_of_PC >, 1, < PLC_CPU_slot >" instead of "127.0.0.1, 1, < PLC_CPU_slot >". For example, if the PC's IP Address is "192.168.3.4" and the SoftLogix CPU is in slot 2 of the virtual chassis, then the Device ID should be set to "192.168.3.4,1,2". Note: To locate the Device ID setting in KEPServerEX, right-click on the device. Then, select  Properties and open the General tab.

If these changes do not resolve your connection issue, I recommend opening a Support Ticket with the Kepware Technical Support team to further analyze your set up. Here is a link to my kepware login page where a support ticket can be opened:

https://my.kepware.com/s/login/

Thanks,

*Chris

Top Tags