cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

AutoStart e. g. after Tomcat restart

bbeuckSIG
15-Moonstone

AutoStart e. g. after Tomcat restart

Dear Community,

my Thingworx installation is connected to a KepWare instance. When having a major impact on my connected Things the connection to KepWare is lost. So far this happens

• after Tomcat restart
  • when modifying the ThingTemplate

Then the IndustrialThing property is still set but the isConnected Flag is false. And this is OK from my point of view, no complains here.

I figured out I can easily run a Service to reset the IndustrialThing for all supposedly connected Things, it will automatically establish the connection to KepWare. But at the moment I need to call this Service manually, i. e. my Things will have no connection until someone (me) takes notice.

Is there a kind of "AutoStart" similar to Windows? A set of Triggers/Services or a dedicated Thing that fires after a reboot? Even if there is another solution for my particular problem, I have similar situations (e. g. resetting configuration) and could figure many more where this feature might be helpful.

Thanks

Benny

2 REPLIES 2

Benny, what version of Kepware you are running? If Kepware 5.20.x you should update to latest  version to avoid this issue per https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS279982

Hi Marek,

thanks for your reply. We are running V6.5.850.0. But as I said, I can also think of other fields of application outside of this issue.

Thanks

Benny

Top Tags