cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Can't find KepServerEx Alarm and events in OPC AE clients

MD_10601887
1-Newbie

Can't find KepServerEx Alarm and events in OPC AE clients

Sorry if this is not the right place to ask, but I didn't find any related communities.

I am using KepServerEx to monitor some PLC tags. I have defined some alarm tags in Area1 for testing. when I tried to access these tags in some clients like OpcExpert or UaExpert, I can find the Area1 folder but there is no tags inside. These clients have successfully read other tags. In OpcExpert I even can't find the server itself in the alarm tab.

The AE connection to the server is enabled and I am not using anonymous logins.

3 REPLIES 3

Hello @MD_10601887 ,

For Kepware related Issues, pls use the following queue: https://community.ptc.com/t5/Kepware/bd-p/kepware

Regards

Bhawna

@MD_10601887 

You will need to enable the OPC AE interface to make the tags visible to an OPC AE Client. The OPC AE  interface can be enabled in the KEPServerEX Project properties. Here is a screen shot of the location:

Thanks,

*Chris

@MD_10601887 

Were you able enable the Alarms and Events plug-in? If so, can you please click on the green Accept as Solution button so other community members can benefit from your community post.

Thanks,

*Chris

Top Tags