cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Changing the value of a tag if another tag changes state

AntonioFar
6-Contributor

Changing the value of a tag if another tag changes state

Hi,
I need to monitor a certain tag, specifically I am monitoring a tag that records a temperature.
I would need to set a boolean tag to 1 when a certain temperature threshold is exceeded. When the problem returns, I would need to reset the boolean tag to 0.

How can I set this condition with Kepware?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ntripathi
14-Alexandrite
(To:AntonioFar)

Greetings @AntonioFar 

Certainly! To achieve this in Kepware, you can use the Advanced Tags feature. Here’s how you can set up the condition:

1. Create an Advanced Tag:

• Open the KEPServerEX configuration.
    • Launch the Advanced Tags section.
    • Create a new Advanced Tag that will act as your boolean tag.
  2. Link the Temperature Tag:

• Link the temperature tag (which records the temperature) to the Advanced Tag.
    • Set up a trigger based on logical states. For example, when the temperature exceeds the threshold, the Advanced Tag value changes to 1.
  3. Reset the Boolean Tag:

• To reset the boolean tag when the problem returns, you can create another trigger based on the temperature returning to a safe range.
    • When the temperature drops below the threshold, set the Advanced Tag value back to 0.

For more information please refer to the Advanced Tag documentation

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ntripathi
14-Alexandrite
(To:AntonioFar)

Greetings @AntonioFar 

Certainly! To achieve this in Kepware, you can use the Advanced Tags feature. Here’s how you can set up the condition:

1. Create an Advanced Tag:

• Open the KEPServerEX configuration.
    • Launch the Advanced Tags section.
    • Create a new Advanced Tag that will act as your boolean tag.
  2. Link the Temperature Tag:

• Link the temperature tag (which records the temperature) to the Advanced Tag.
    • Set up a trigger based on logical states. For example, when the temperature exceeds the threshold, the Advanced Tag value changes to 1.
  3. Reset the Boolean Tag:

• To reset the boolean tag when the problem returns, you can create another trigger based on the temperature returning to a safe range.
    • When the temperature drops below the threshold, set the Advanced Tag value back to 0.

For more information please refer to the Advanced Tag documentation

AntonioFar
6-Contributor
(To:ntripathi)

Thank you!!  ntripathi

Announcements

Top Tags