cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Data Logger (V6.13.250.0) was "Unable to retrieve column information".

BI_10642779
4-Participant

Data Logger (V6.13.250.0) was "Unable to retrieve column information".

Hello community,

The Data Logger poped out a warning window showing "unable to retrieve column information" when I was setting up the column mapping for a tag. My ODBC data source (32bit) had been configured and tested successfully, so as the target table in the database.  I tried reinitializing the enviorment and reconfiguring the data source but did not make any progress. The snapshots are attached below. Any suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.
     Thanks again for your attention.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for your help but I found the cause of the problem.

My DSN driver was outdated (SQL Server Ver. 6.02) for SQL Server 2019. Therefore, an compatibility issue showed up when KEPWARE tried to access the data table. Replacing the system DSN driver with "ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server (ver. 2017.1710) solved the issue.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Triple check the field names in the database and int the datalogger and also make sure the data types match. Speaking from experience... 

Thanks for your help but I found the cause of the problem.

My DSN driver was outdated (SQL Server Ver. 6.02) for SQL Server 2019. Therefore, an compatibility issue showed up when KEPWARE tried to access the data table. Replacing the system DSN driver with "ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server (ver. 2017.1710) solved the issue.

Top Tags