cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Data logger problem

GL_10761694
3-Visitor

Data logger problem

Dear Kepserver,

I'm enounter problem in data logger with error 

Date Time Level Source Event
02/10/2023 09:34:49 Error Data Logger Plug-in Unable to query recordset on Log Group 'Glass_Data'. Reason: sp_cursor: The value of the parameter 'value' is invalid.

I check the value which generated default and only rename the " value name " and not for the data type. can you help me which can cause error?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

An Event Log message has been added to v6.14 to notify users if settings have not been applied when making changes in the Config.

-Andy

Andy Servetas
Principal Technical Support Engineer | Kepware Technologies

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Take a look here:

Check that the database column is the same name and datatype you expect it to be in the Logger setup and that the source tag is still the same as datalogger is looking for. note that datalogger group has to be disabled to change parameters or they will not be saved (even though it appears they do - I wish KW would fix that with a notification of some type) 

An Event Log message has been added to v6.14 to notify users if settings have not been applied when making changes in the Config.

-Andy

Andy Servetas
Principal Technical Support Engineer | Kepware Technologies

Hey Andy

Well that's good to hear - Its interesting to note that if I change the sources of the items in the log group, like deleting the tag in the PLC that they point to, it doesn't stop the logging of the entire group or even note it in the event log,

But if I then stop and start that group it wont allow a re-start because that tag can't be reached. That implies to me that it should be possible technologically to change log items while the logger is running but a conscious decision was made to check the tags at startup prevent the group from starting at all even though there seems on the surface to be no real reason to prevent the rest of the tags from logging and just note the bad tag like the devices do.  

Is it too much to ask just to allow changes while on-line and not prevent the entire group from logging for one (or more) bad tag?   Asking for a friend...

Hello,

I already check all the tag link or connectivity and still same..

I try to delete the quantity of the tag that i record and somehow it is works..

Anyway thanks all for the recomendation

Top Tags