cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Enable KEPServerEX v6 Configuration API during installation

HarryMES
3-Visitor

Enable KEPServerEX v6 Configuration API during installation

Hi community,

I need to automate a KEPServerEX installation but also want to enable the Configuration API at the same time, so it cannot be forgotten. 

Is there a way to specify this in the KEPServerEX6.ini file during installation or is there a way to manipulate the [Config API Service] in the C:\ProgramData\Kepware\KEPServerEX\V6\settings.ini file?

All comments an insights are much appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@HarryMES 

First and foremost, thanks for the inquiry. The install of new configuration with a predefined project cannot be done at this time and there are no current work arounds. Please put in an enhancement request to see if the Kepware developers can add the functionality to future releases. Here is a link to the Kepware knowledge base article that covers how to submit an enhancement request:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS295047

Thanks,

*Chris

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

You can read about "Configuration API Service" in the manual - "KEPServerEX Manual". 

Thank you for your reply @VladimirN , but that does not really answer my question. Neither in the KEPServerEX Manual, nor in the KepWare configuration-api.pdf does it mention how to enable the API implicitly during a silent installation or in any other way using a program.

I need to prepare the installation of 40 instances of KEPServerEX, performed by several different people and I want to automate it as much as possible.

@HarryMES 

First and foremost, thanks for the inquiry. The install of new configuration with a predefined project cannot be done at this time and there are no current work arounds. Please put in an enhancement request to see if the Kepware developers can add the functionality to future releases. Here is a link to the Kepware knowledge base article that covers how to submit an enhancement request:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS295047

Thanks,

*Chris

Top Tags