cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

FactoryTalk View SE and KepserverExV6 OPC - addresses are not active until i open up Quick Client,

BGC_4560
2-Guest

FactoryTalk View SE and KepserverExV6 OPC - addresses are not active until i open up Quick Client,

FactoryTalk View SE version 10 - using MODBUS Serial - addresses are not active until I open up Quick Client, Once I open up Quick Client, the addresses in Factorytalk View SE show up. then once I close Quick Client, the addresses do no come through and do not show up. 

3 REPLIES 3
MKhatri
13-Aquamarine
(To:BGC_4560)

Hello,

I hope this email finds you well.

I am writing to address an issue regarding the interaction between Quick Client and Kepserverex.

It has come to our attention that Quick Client is acting as a device and prompting Kepserverex for values whenever it is launched. As you may already know, Kepserverex does not operate independently; it must be attached to a device in order to respond to requests from clients or devices.

This behavior is an inherent feature of Kepserverex. In your case, the Quick Client is initiating requests for values, which then triggers Kepserverex to respond accordingly.

If you have any further insights or suggestions on how we can address this issue, please do not hesitate to share them with us.

You can open a support ticket on mykepware.com.

Regards,

Mohit

Mohit,

We are using FactoryTalk View SE and it is setup with Kepware OPC server in the application.

the FactoryTalk SE application is calling for those addresses constantly but it does not get those addresses updated that are setup in the Kepware server.

So, it should already be giving the values in the addresses, but it will not until I run Quick Client. 

There must be some setting or configuration for Kepware.

Brad

@BGC_4560,

It sounds like the FactoryTalk View SE Client application is not waiting enough time for the round trip of Client -> Kepware -> Device-> Kepware-> Client

• When Quick Client is open this roundtrip is reduced to Client -> Kepware(cache)-> Client

Resolution

1. Increase the Request Timeout value in the FactoryTalk View SE Client application
  2. Reduce any network delay

If these two options do not resolve the issue, I recommend opening a support ticket with the Kepware so diagnostics can be analyzed. Here is a link to the login page where a ticket can be opened:

Thanks,

*Chris

Announcements

Top Tags