cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Failed Connection

pbulters
1-Newbie

Failed Connection

Hello,

I am a starter with this software and trying to connect KepWare and Thingworx. We followed the manual but caný get connected. We get the following error-message:

"Error ThingWorx Native Interface  Connection to ThingWorx failed. | Platform localhost:443/Thingworx/WS, error: could not initialize a secure socket connection."

See picture

Is there anyone who can help us with this?

9 REPLIES 9
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:pbulters)

How did you configure the Kepware side and does it match up with where Thingworx is running?

In Thingworx in the application log do you see any failed attempts to connect?

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi Pim Bulters​,

Which ThingWorx version are you on. Try enabling the legacy mode in Kepware property editor for older versions.

Thanks, I changed the port to 80 and enabled the legacy mode. It is connecting now!

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi Pim Bulters​,

Great! please mark helpful and correct answer (if any) to close this Thread and let other members know that this Thread has a solution.

iherreros
5-Regular Member
(To:ankigupta)

Good afternoon,

I am also a starter with Thingworx and, just like Pim Bulters, I am trying to connect Kepware 6.1 to Thingworx composer but I get the same error. I have changed the port to 80 and enabled the Legacy Mode, but still the same error.

I'm using a trial version of the composer specifically, I'm using the academic cloud version which is provided with the IoT University course. Could be that the problem?

Many thanks for your help.

iherreros
5-Regular Member
(To:iherreros)

Good afternoon,

I managed to get it sorted

Thanks anyway.

lucky6qi
4-Participant

How did you solve it?

AnupD
5-Regular Member

Hi,

I am also facing the error "Thingworx connected failed".

Kindly share the the solve steps.

Thanks

RAMO
9-Granite
(To:AnupD)

You should write your IP instead of localhost

Top Tags