cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

How kepware handles failure of 1 device? - is it better to have 20 channels with 1 device inside?

Steven_Hawking
3-Visitor

How kepware handles failure of 1 device? - is it better to have 20 channels with 1 device inside?

hi 

I am using kepware to retrieve information from 20 mitsubishi plcs fx3u on ethernet channel.

At the moment i have only 1 channel and 20 devices configured inside but i am wondering if this is the best approach if 1 of the PLCs fails and it might choke whole channel communication.

Would it not be better to use 20 identical channels with only 1 devices in each? what would be the pros and cons of either solution? Which would be better solution from robustness point of view.

Best Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Configuring one device per channel, when possible, is always recommended. Refer this manual for more optimization tips. You can see this specific topic being discussed from page 8 onwards.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Configuring one device per channel, when possible, is always recommended. Refer this manual for more optimization tips. You can see this specific topic being discussed from page 8 onwards.

yes i did have the manual and 1 device per channel is the way to go

thanks for your help!

Top Tags