cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

How to address a string in Allen-Bradley Control Logix driver in PTC Kepware

Amin_Essity
3-Visitor

How to address a string in Allen-Bradley Control Logix driver in PTC Kepware

I am using the Industrial Connectivity with PLC Rockwell and I have some TAGs type REAL/FLOAT which are working. when I try to add a TAG type String, i got the below error

Unable to read tag. Controller tag data type unknown. Tag deactivated. | Tag address = 'HMI.FORMATHND.PRODUCINGNAME', Data type = 0XFCE.

can someone help with that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

add the number of characters you want to the end of that string, i.e.  .DATA/20  or  .DATA/82

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Article - "Error "<DEVICE_NAME> | Unable to read tag. | Tag address = '<TAG_ADDRESS>', CIP Error =0XF Extended error = 0000." in PTC Kepware products": https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS375396

Hello, 

Thank you for the answer. This doesn't help. i have the same issue. see the screenshot!

Amin_Essity_0-1699951543272.png

What does the tag address look like?

Strings in AB have 2 parts, DATA and LEN. I expect you have to append '.Data' to the strings tagname 

Hello, 

see below. yes it includes Length and data. I want to see the de text. if i use Data or len then i see just a value. how can i transform this to the text (string)?

Amin_Essity_0-1700475599390.png

add the number of characters you want to the end of that string, i.e.  .DATA/20  or  .DATA/82

thank you. It works!

Top Tags