cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How to connect OPCDA - InTouch (HMI) via KepServer EX as an OPC server

KL_10883708
2-Guest

How to connect OPCDA - InTouch (HMI) via KepServer EX as an OPC server

Hello everyone.

I am an Apps. engineer from South Korea.

I would like to know how to connect OPCDA to InTouch through KepServer EX as an OPC server.

We would like to build a connection between our own PC to customer's own HMI (InTouch) to send some data from ours.

Our software has OPCDA Client, so we would like to put KepServer EX into our PC to overcome OPCDA's COM/DCOM barrier.

Once our data is collected in KepServer EX, we would like to send this information to InTouch, so the user can monitor the data through their system.

Is it possible to build connection like the info. above through KepServer EX as an OPC server?

If so, it would be helpful if you could provide us a guide line or manual.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@KL_10883708 

Please take a look at the Kepware knowledge base article in the following link which pertains to remote InTouch connections:

Article - CS333066 - Can I Connect to a Remote InTouch Application? (ptc.com)

Ultimately, the server must exist on the same machine as an InTouch node. Data from remote InTouch nodes can be accessed via the local InTouch node or with multiple OPC servers using one of the Kepware OPC Client drivers. 

Thanks,

*Chris

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Take a look - "InTouch: Connecting to Kepware": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVK91uZrC4c

InTouch has its own I/O Server to connect to other PLC, but sometime you still need to read/write data from/to an OPC server. By using Kepware OPC server, it's easy to read or write data whitin InTouch. This screencast is showing you how to create connection between InTouch and Kepware OPC server.

Thank you for your information!
I would like to ask another question related to this.

If I have 'A' PC that has OPCDA & KepServerEx and trying to connect communication with 'B' PC (+HMI (InTouch)),

Does 'A' PC also needs an InTouch component?

If so, then what it could be?

The InTouch program itself or anything else?

@KL_10883708 

Please take a look at the Kepware knowledge base article in the following link which pertains to remote InTouch connections:

Article - CS333066 - Can I Connect to a Remote InTouch Application? (ptc.com)

Ultimately, the server must exist on the same machine as an InTouch node. Data from remote InTouch nodes can be accessed via the local InTouch node or with multiple OPC servers using one of the Kepware OPC Client drivers. 

Thanks,

*Chris

Top Tags