cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

IEC 60870-5 Master Device is not responding

DB_10678722
1-Newbie

IEC 60870-5 Master Device is not responding

Good afternoon. Trying to connect by protocol IEC 60870-5 104 Master to RTAC.

In event log write:
5/8/2023 9:13:30 AM Warning IEC 60870-5-104 Master (device name) | Device is not responding.

I`m check all communications (destination host, destination port, common address) all correct. Trying to increase Request Timeout.....

3 REPLIES 3

@DB_10678722

A device not responding error message could be caused by a multitude of passible reasons. Please take a look at the Kepware Knowledge Base article in the following link which cover some of the possible causes: 

Article - CS276466 - Error Device is not responding in event log in PTC Kepware Products

You can access the article with your my kepware login credentials. An account can be created if you do not have my kepware credentials already. 

If the recommendations in the article do not resolve your issue; I recommend opening a Support Ticket with the Kepware team to troubleshoot your specific issue. Here is a link to page where a ticket can be opened:

Thanks,

*Chris

@DB_10678722 

I wanted to follow up with you on your post to see if your question has been answered.

If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of other members who may have the same question.

If not, our industry expert is also reviewing the replies and may accept one of them as solution on your behalf.

Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know.

Thanks,

*Chris

Top Tags