cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Integration and Mapping of OPC UA Information Models

MD_10849303
3-Visitor

Integration and Mapping of OPC UA Information Models

Hello,

I am currently working on my Bachelor's thesis, which focuses on information models for automation with OPC UA. I have a question regarding the integration of information models: Is it possible to incorporate OPC UA Companion Specifications from the OPC Foundation or to include self-modeled information models? Additionally, can the received tags be mapped onto alternative tag names or types derived from an information model? Any insights on this matter would be extremely beneficial for my research.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Best regards,

Marco

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@MD_10849303,

Thanks for reaching to PTC - Kepware community page. Unfortunately, Kepware's main product KEPServerEX is a form of middleware between Client applications and PLC's (devices) used in the manufacturing process.  The KEPServerEX platform is used to pull real time date from the devices and server it up to Client applications. Although KEPServerEX does use the OPC UA protocol, it does not use information models. Information modeling would be performed in the Client application after receiving the data from applications like KEPServerEX. Although PTC - Kepware does not perform any information modeling, you may want to open a support ticket with the PTC -ThingWorx team.    PTC -  ThingWorx would be a client application that does have modeling functionality. Here is a link to the ThingWorx product page:

(1) New Messages! (ptc.com)

PTC Software: Contact a PTC Sales Representative Today. | PTC

Best of luck on your thesis

*Chris

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

@MD_10849303,

Thanks for reaching to PTC - Kepware community page. Unfortunately, Kepware's main product KEPServerEX is a form of middleware between Client applications and PLC's (devices) used in the manufacturing process.  The KEPServerEX platform is used to pull real time date from the devices and server it up to Client applications. Although KEPServerEX does use the OPC UA protocol, it does not use information models. Information modeling would be performed in the Client application after receiving the data from applications like KEPServerEX. Although PTC - Kepware does not perform any information modeling, you may want to open a support ticket with the PTC -ThingWorx team.    PTC -  ThingWorx would be a client application that does have modeling functionality. Here is a link to the ThingWorx product page:

(1) New Messages! (ptc.com)

PTC Software: Contact a PTC Sales Representative Today. | PTC

Best of luck on your thesis

*Chris

Top Tags