cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Kepware - Access to object denied

TM_11420364
2-Guest

Kepware - Access to object denied

Greetings,

I know nothing about kepware, other than it gets data from my PLCs for me.  i dont setup the topics, i pretty much never get on the server.  not my job.

However, i am having trouble getting info from an oracle database, after having what i think i needed installed on the server.  There were some OPCDB addons or something like that, as well as upgrading oracle on the server from v12 to 18 maybe?  I got the user and password from our IT folks.

I can connect to and see the columns i want to pull the data from, however when i try to actually pull data, i get the error attached.  i asked our IT folks and they said i had the correct login info to read from the oracle database and they suggested i get on here...

I program PLCs, so i may not understand what you say, but hopefully i can show it to someone who will know what to do with it

2 REPLIES 2

Greetings @TM_11420364 ,

I hope you are doing absolutely fine. Could you please confirm if you have followed the steps below?

• Navigate to Server Administration Menu > Settings > User Manager > Anonymous Clients (Right Click) > Properties > Project Modification
    • In Servermain.Device and Servermain.Tags change Add and Edit to Allow
    • Or right-click on Project Modification, Servermain.Device, or Servermain.Tags and select Allow All
    • Finally, click Apply to have the setting persist

Regards,

Mohit

Yes, i saw that when i was browsing support articles, we did try to change that setting with no luck.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS330505

Top Tags