cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Kepware and Thingworx connectivity

ChahatGupta
8-Gravel

Kepware and Thingworx connectivity

Hi,

I am unable to connect thingworx and kepware. I completed the configuration properly but it is showing following error:

Connection to ThingWorx failed. | Platform = localhost:8088/Thingworx/WS, error = could not initialize a secure socket connection.

When i enabled the logging, i found below error:

unable to add binding for pre-existing Gateway Thing because existing Thing Template does not derive or match [existing: PTC.Factory.KepServerThingTemplate, provided: IndustrialGateway].

Kindly resolve.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @ChahatGupta ,

The issue here with the Thing Name you had provided in the Project Properties.

Capture1.JPG

This thing name should be of IndustrialGateway thing template as highlighted in below screenshot

Capture.JPG

In order to resolve the issue, create a new thing with IndustrialGateway as thing template and add the same thing in the project properties in Kepserver configuration.

Thanks,

Himanshu

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi @ChahatGupta ,

The issue here with the Thing Name you had provided in the Project Properties.

Capture1.JPG

This thing name should be of IndustrialGateway thing template as highlighted in below screenshot

Capture.JPG

In order to resolve the issue, create a new thing with IndustrialGateway as thing template and add the same thing in the project properties in Kepserver configuration.

Thanks,

Himanshu

Announcements

Top Tags