cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Problem With OPC UA Server Port 49320

GD_9146088
4-Participant

Problem With OPC UA Server Port 49320

Hello everybody. We have a server with KepServerEX  (6.12.361.0) and Ignition (7.9.21)  installed as client of Kepware. In the OPC UA Configuration, the server endpoint is setted as default : opc.tcp://127.0.0.1:49320.

Everything was working fine until last week. but now Ignition is in error becuase can not connect to the OPC server (kepware) . I noticed that even if the KepServerEx service is running, I can not see the port 49320 in Listening state ( I used the command C:\ ....\netstat -aon). I installed a Kepware on my laptop and when the service is running I can find this row (with the same command ...\netstat -aon):

TCP      127.0.0.1:49320       0.0.0.0:0      LISTENING       15340

I tried to change the port number in the server but nothing changes.

Other informations:

The device connected to Kepware (channels) communicate perfectly.

The server is not connected to the internet, the firewall is disabled, OS is Windows Server 2019.

Using a tool the check the port status I see the port 49320 closed, not in error. The other ports are working well.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you in advance

Guido De Biase

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Also observe Event log messages and see if you are getting any such errors

• In the server Event Log, it shows: 
    • Socket error occurred connecting. | Error = 10061, Details = 'No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.'
    • Socket error occurred sending data. Error 10054, Details= 'An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.'
    • Socket error occurred connecting. | Error = 10038, Details = 'An operation was attempted on something that is not a socket.'

If this is the case, refer below article for troubleshooting

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS299048

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Kepware Runtime request the OS to open a listening socket on the target OPC UA port (typically 49320), 

Have you checked if IT policies in place that is preventing this?

Please stop/start the runtime and check if it is works?

If the issue persist; I recommend opening a support ticket with the Kepware Technical Support team. Here is a link to the my kepware login page where a ticket can submitted:

https://my.kepware.com/s/login/

Also observe Event log messages and see if you are getting any such errors

• In the server Event Log, it shows: 
    • Socket error occurred connecting. | Error = 10061, Details = 'No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.'
    • Socket error occurred sending data. Error 10054, Details= 'An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.'
    • Socket error occurred connecting. | Error = 10038, Details = 'An operation was attempted on something that is not a socket.'

If this is the case, refer below article for troubleshooting

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS299048

Announcements

Top Tags