cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Questions about Kepware Sync reading data from various PLCs.

RS_10808578
1-Newbie

Questions about Kepware Sync reading data from various PLCs.

Have questions about how to synchronously read data from PLC.

For example: a bit tag and int tag must be read at the same time because it's a high speed process. I know I can do this in AB ControlLogix using arrays. But not sure how to do this in PLC5, SLC 500, CompactLogix, MicroLogix, PLC3, Siemens S7/400. My company has various PLCs and I need to find a scalable solution. Ideally, I'd like to find a solution that doesn't require PLC program modifications. Or as less modification as possible.

PS: I know it's better to push data from PLC to capture high speed applications. However, data pipeline architecture is already determined by my company's global team. So I have to find  workarounds.

1 REPLY 1

@RS_10808578,

You are on the right track by utilizing arrays to synchronously read data from PLCs.  It is important to consider (block boundaries, memory types, etc.) can all present potential pitfalls, I.E. (It would be entirely impossible for PLC5 if the data is not of the same memory type). I recommend opening a support ticket with the Kepware team to discuss in more detail.  Here is a link to the login page where a support ticket can be opened:

Thanks,

*Chris

Top Tags