cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

REAL variable from Siemens PLC is showing the wrong value in Kepware

MS_10796265
2-Guest

REAL variable from Siemens PLC is showing the wrong value in Kepware

Hi Experts,

I'm a beginner with Kepware and i've now encountered an issue i would really appreciate some help with solving: 

In my Siemens PLC i got an REAL variable that has the value "25.999".
When i added the tag to Kepware (Float) and launched quick client the value is now shown as 1.10415E+09.

How do i get Kepware to show the actual/same value as i can see in the PLC?

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
ntripathi
14-Alexandrite
(To:MS_10796265)

Greetings@MS_10796265,

I hope you’re doing well.

It seems you’re experiencing a common issue where the value displayed in The KEPServerEX does not match the actual value from Siemens PLC. This discrepancy often occurs due to the way floating-point numbers are handled between different systems.

Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you resolve this issue:-

Check Data Type Compatibility: Ensure that the data type defined in KEPServerEX matches the data type of the variable in the PLC. Siemens PLC uses REAL for 32-bit floating-point numbers and LREAL for 64-bit floating-point numbers.

Verify Tag Configuration: In Kepware, double-check the tag configuration for the REAL variable. Make sure that the correct address and data type (Float) are selected.

Byte Order: The issue might be related to the byte order of the data. Siemens PLCs and KEPServerEX might use different byte orders, which can cause the value to be interpreted incorrectly. You may need to adjust the byte order in Kepware’s settings to match that of the PLC.

I hope this helps you resolve the value discrepancy and get the correct readings in Kepware. If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Top Tags