cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Regarding Writing on Tag and return a value

PS_8760334
1-Newbie

Regarding Writing on Tag and return a value

Hello Team,

Here i want to know from all knowledgeable members of community, Is Kepware can return 0/False if it is unable to write value on PLC Tag. I am writing some integer value on my PLC Tag using Kepware but sometime it happens, there in no connectivity or Network issue so how I would be able to know, if kepware has written a vale on perticular Tag.

Regards

Pankaj  

1 REPLY 1

@PS_876033

Unfortunately, Kepware cannot return 0/False if it is unable to write a value on PLC Tag due to a possible connectivity or network issue. The only indication of an issue in a Client application would "Bad" tag quality. There would also be a KEPServerEX Event Log message stating the Device did not Respond. A popular solution would be monitor the KEPServerEX Device System Tag called "_Error".  The "_Error" is used to monitor the connection between the Device and the server. Here is a link to the Kepware Knowledge Base article on the Device Level System Tag:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS294815

Thanks,

*Chris

Top Tags