cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Rockwell Array tag referencing

KG_9996511
4-Participant

Rockwell Array tag referencing

I have a series of Rockwell array tags I can't read from Kepware.  I checked the Allen-Bradley ControlLogix Ethernet Driver manual but that wasn't very helpful..  

RSLinx Address: [EW03_DRIVES]EW03_Rack00:I.Slot.[0].Fault

Kepware Address: ns=2;s=AB_02.EW03_CLX_DRIVES.Global.EW03_Rack00_I.Slot_x.Slot_00.Fault

I got the Kepware address from the Prosys OPC UA utility.  I've tried several variations, including dropping .Global and adding .LONG but can't get any results in my data historian,  I can see data in the QuickClient.

Any help is appreciated.

ControlLogix Ethernet Driver

Rockwell CompactLogix 5300  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KG_9996511
4-Participant
(To:KG_9996511)

I have it working now.  The Kepware address shown above worked, I just didn't give my historian enough time to start pulling the data before trying other formats.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@KG_9996511,

I need a little clarification on your inquiry. I presume you performed an automatic tag generation to pull in the tags into KEPServerEX, including the array tag. Can you confirm the array tag is working properly in the KEPServerEX Quick Client and you are only having trouble with reading the array tag in your local Historian?  If this correct, you should be able to browse to the tag with the Historian. You should not have to change the "Global" folder group name or change the data type.  Does the Historian have the ability to browse the server tags like the Quick Client? 

Thanks,

*Chris

KG_9996511
4-Participant
(To:KG_9996511)

I have it working now.  The Kepware address shown above worked, I just didn't give my historian enough time to start pulling the data before trying other formats.

Top Tags