cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Thingworx - Kepware connection cannot be achieved without renaming the industrial thing.

mberber
11-Garnet

Thingworx - Kepware connection cannot be achieved without renaming the industrial thing.

Hello

I encountered this problem more then once. 

I setup Kepware to connect Thingworx via named IndustrialThing name for example "conn". And i save this created Industrial Connectivity Thing to fetch remote tags and bind them to our properties. The method i use is to create a Remote Thing manually and Add IndustrialGateway ThingShape to add IndustrialThing property to the thing. After that i manually add "conn" to property. After saving the Thing i can do Manage Binding to bind remote tags to my property.

After using this method for 4-5 months on a company, Kepware start to give error to "Connection to ThingWorx failed". After that, I try everything to fixed that but nothing seems to solve these issues. The only workaround i did find is renaming the "conn" IndustrialThing name from Kepware.  For example, I renamed "conn" to "conn1", Kepware is connected to Thingworx. But I have to save this "conn1" IndustrialThing and change IndustrialThing properties to of RemoteThings to "conn1". It is very time-consuming and the customers are not happy with this unstable connection issue.

After a few months later the same problem reoccurred. I have to change "conn1" to "conn2" to make Kepware able to connect and send data to ThingWorx.

Is anyone encountered this problem before ?  Are you  able to solved this ?

We are using the ThingWorx version 8.5.  Planning to upgrade TWX 9

Thank you.

Murat

1 REPLY 1
odukiya
15-Moonstone
(To:mberber)

Hello @mberber 

Can you please share the detailed error you are facing on kepware and thingworx side at the time of disconnection?

Thanks

Om Dukiya

Top Tags